Stash check

Have just been having a deep and meaningful with my sister on MSN about knitting (we acknowledge that we are strange) and have realised my stash is crazy. My problem is, that I go to yarn shops (I have no LYS :( at least, not one which has anything I want to buy) without a clear idea of what I need, so I end up buying a bit of everything I like. And I generally don't like to buy more than one or two skeins of each thing either, which means I can't make anything useful anyway.

More for my reference than anything else, here is a list of my stash as it stands right now:

  • Noro Kureyon, 2 skeins (one of which is hopelessly tangled), destined to be a My so-called scarf
  • Colinette mohair, 1 ball, which is part-knitted into a lengthwise feather and fan - 202 stitches casted on! What a nightmare that was..and now I'm not sure I like it
  • Louisa Harding Impression, 1 skein
  • Louisa Harding Kimono angora, 1 and a bit skein
  • Louisa Harding Kimono Ribbon, 2 skeins (yep I like her stuff)
  • Debbie Bliss Cotton angora, 1 skein
  • Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed, 2 and a bit skeins, maybe for a Brea bag
  • Rowan Biggy Print, 3 skeins in a nice cherry red
  • Rowan Big Wool, 1 skein in black for a hat for my DH
  • Rowan Big Print (I think), 2 skeins for a scarf for my cousin
  • Rowan Plaid, 2 skeins for a scarf for my DH
  • Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran for Fetching, for my sister
  • R2 Braid, 2 skeins in pink, which I don't really like, maybe I'll dye it black and use it for the strap of my Brea bag
  • Circo from handpaintedyarn.com, 3 skeins
  • handpaintedyarn.com 2 skeins laceweight pure wool in Lavender for a Rowan Butterfly (but I only need one I think)
  • handpaintedyarn.com 1 skein laceweight wool in Lettuce (which needs to be dyed too
  • handpaintedyarn.com thick and thin wool in Damask, 1 and a bit skein
  • GGH Soft Kid in lilac, 1 skein
  • Plissard Pichenette mohair, 1 skein brown and one in jade
  • Mixed bag of colinette scraps
  • knitglobal undyed fleece yarn, 1 skein
  • Cherry Tree Hill supersock, 1 skein, which hasn't come yet
  • Be Sweet magic balls, not come yet

I think that's it! I have ten weeks to get through it all..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.