FO: feather and fan scarf (with pattern)

I have been knitting this scarf forever. I bought 2 skeins of Louisa Harding Kimono Angora in this colourway and a pink (will put up the pictures later) and didn't really know what to do with this one..in the end I decided to try a feather-and-fan scarf thinking that the variegated yarn would be suited to the pattern. It was, but the relatively fine gauge of the yarn meant that it took ages, and it's not the most interesting pattern to follow! I think I ended up doing 60 or so pattern repeats. However, because there was hardly any memorising to do, it was a good knit to do when out and about.

The yarn feels beautiful, and is lovely to knit with, even though it tears very easily - it didn't matter with this pattern but I used it to make some mittens and I had to be really careful when frogging to make sure i didn't destroy the yarn. On the other hand, I didn't need to bother finding my scissors :) I'm not sure I agree with this review though - the angora fibres float around and really got in my nose and throat!

It was also my first attempt at blocking anything, I haven't really needed to before as I haven't tried any lace patterns before. It was really easy to do because the yarn is quite stretchy, and was also only slightly damp after rolling up in a towel. The only thing is I didn't have enough pins. Also will have to warn my DH to watch his step when he comes home!

Anyway, here are the pictures, and a pattern if anyone needs it:


Pattern: Feather and Fan scarf

Yarn: Louisa Harding Kimono angora, 2 skeins (70% angora, 25% wool, 5% nylon 25 g / 124 yards)

Needles: Clover (I think) Bamboo needles 5mm

This is a four row repeat pattern
Row 1: Knit all stitches
Row 2: Knit all stitches
Row 3: K2, k2tog 3 times, (yo k1) 6 times, k2tog 6 times, (yo k1) 6 times, k2tog 3 times, k2
Row 4: Knit all stitches

Cast on 40 stitches, then follow 4-row pattern as above until scarf is long enough
Cast off



Being blocked on my bedroom rug


A close-up of the pattern

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    What do you think about WIKILEAKS?
    Thank for all

Post a Comment





Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.