I can't wait until I get my DSLR! Am trying to decide between a D40 and a D40x (if it's out by next week) - I've been playing with my sister-in-law's D50 and I love it..my photos turn out a hundred times better and I don't even know how to use any of the functions yet! And luckily, my Wollmeise parcel arrived today, providing great photo opportunities...This yarn is just so beautiful I feel like it would be wrong to wind it into a ball...




sock yarn








tiny and very cute samplers



More photos on Flickr. I feel like I've been at work forever, which I have almost - I've put in 48 hours since Friday morning! Working on a weekend is always a bit strange, because the hospital is eerily empty, especially at night. I got some interesting calls - there was one poor man who managed to fracture his hip when he lost his balance on the way back from the toilet, and a really brave lady who was dying but with immense dignity and patience. On Friday I was called to see a man who was threatening to jump out of the window, and it turned out that it was a patient I had seen over Christmas who had been given an antidepressant which unfortunately had the effect of making him incredibly anxious. I spent a lot of time talking to him and his family, who for some reason had remembered me as their 'nice little doctor' from the previous admission...it's amazing how a small encounter can really make a difference to people when they're sick.



Mr C bought me some flowers on Friday, which was a very nice surprise. I tried to get a picture but the DSLR was making my eyes go funny so I didn't persist for too long.



Knittingwise, Forecast is finished and the photo is below, full post on the KAL (I'll link later). Unfortunately the weather is just too good at the moment to wear it! I'm halfway through the Butterfly front, and am working on the LMKG Child's Placket-Neck Sweater for my cousin in NY, which needs to be finished by Friday. Will post them all once they're done..but for now I'd better get on with knitting them.

and PS. Kudos to Jug and Fudge for their production at the Royal Exchange. Pictures please?

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    wow that yarn looks delicious- don't wind it..

    do you have your camera? I thought you were getting it from NY.. are you coming to Manc on Friday?

    I should've blogged about the play while I was still buzzing- we have a Mujew knitting group on Facebook though which is super cool where we make all our knitting/ meeting plans..
    hema said...
    salaam,
    saw this url on a recent issue of emel magazine and have been checking it ever since. i'm not really into knitting or medicine to be honest but some of your comments still make me laugh. don't worry too much about the driving tests, i'm sure it's harder to drive in london if you have grown up with manchester roads!
    try and visit my blog
    http://hemasphere.blogspot.com
    Pink said...
    o, u and ur balls of wool!

    anyway, shame abt the driving - we should do a road trip for our summer holiday this yr, as an alternative to the luxury riyad!

    but only if one of us passes by then!

    what u think?

    i keep forgetting when u're off to NY... i have macbook accessories to buy :p

    ws x

Post a Comment





Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.