FO: Rowan Clyde from Magazine #38

I made this gorgeous little bag and took it to Designer Dentist's mehndi at the weekend (congrats on a lovely wedding btw!) - it didn't go with what I was wearing but I wanted to show it off :) It was very easy to knit - I think it was done in a weekend, and it was also an excellent first felting project. Since I started knitting, I've been planning to felt something, but discovered that no-one in the house knew where the washing machine instructions were. Everyone just shoved the clothes in and set the machine to '4', whatever that stood for, and things seemed to come out fine. Anyway, after several fruitless and bootless phone calls and emails to Ariston, I found the manual after all, and successfully felted the bag pieces. This is more than can be said for the R2 Fuzzi Felt clutch I made, which I unsuccessfully tried to dye and felt. Despite supposedly being designed for felting, it came out looking exactly the same as it did going in. I've decided it's just going to have to be a dustcloth instead. Anyway, here are the pictures of the Clyde bag:


...and a more detailed picture of the flowers

Pattern : Clyde from Rowan Magazine #38

Yarn: Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran, Yorkshire Tweed 4-ply, Kidsilk Haze

Beads were from Ebay (size 8/0 silver lined amethyst seed beads) and fabric for ribbon from John Lewis. If you're in John Lewis on Oxford Street, there's one which has been made up on display and it looks beautiful.

3 Comments:

  1. routed said...
    Im very impressed - it looks even prettier in real life
    luv nas xx
    mad as a cambridge bicycle said...
    hey how long have you been blogging for?? i feel totally out of the look - hadn't checked it since you posted that ugly picture of the scary woman (below). anyway, you've inspired me to finally restart my blog again... here goes!

    wassalam x
    Mariamazmi said...
    That has been your best product I think, even though the sleeves were pretty cool, the bag's just amazing!

Post a Comment





Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.