works in progress update

Ramadan mubarak all :) it came on a bit suddenly, but so far has been good, Mr C and I have been toddling along to Croydon mosque for Tarawih, which is really nice. It gets very hot and stuffy, but the crowd is very multicultural and the recitation is nice. It also happens to be directly opposite to the hospital I work at, which is very handy. Yesterday there was a kerfuffle (spelling?) outside about half way through the prayer, and once there was a break I had a look outside - there was a whole throng of beardies about to start fisticuffs! It was madness, but thank goodness they all went away...Shahab, my co-house officer, tells me this is common practice in Croydon, and can be over the smallest issue. Where is the unity?? Maybe it's a Croydon thing, I certainly haven't seen a disgraceful scene like that in Manchester.

Anyway, other than that it's good. Hospital life has been eventful, but I keep forgetting to blog when the interesting things happen. We have had lots of lovely patients and some mad ones, such as the man who asked for another two glasses of barium (a foul tasting dye given before x-rays) because it improved his digestion. I am trying to avoid work during Ramadan, but if today is typical, that isn't going to be achievable.

So let me update on my works in progress (or just about progressing, in some cases):

Rowan River

This is going to be a present for my mother-in-law, so for goodness' sake don't any of you go telling her. It's quite an easy pattern, but scarves and shawls always get rather boring. The redeeming factor is the gorgeous Kidsilk Night as showcased below.







See isn't it pretty? I want to finish it before Eid so I can give it as a present, so I'm making myself do 10 rows every day. Not done today's yet, so will have to go and do them in a bit. The pattern isn't very obvious without blocking, but it's a zigzag going all the way along the shawl. I'm going to block it to death after knitting so it's nice and wide.

I have lots more stuff to put on but for some reason blogger is not letting me upload any more pictures so I'll try again tomorrow.

Btw much qudos to Jughead for her Knitsoc at Manchester Uni! Get a blog or a website going asap so we can find out what you're doing..and make sure you buy some good magazines and pattern books with your membership money so I can benefit :)

4 Comments:

  1. ra said...
    pretty pretty scarf, how long do you have till Eid to finish it off?
    Atia said...
    hi :) i've got just over 3 weeks! My plan of doing 10 rows a day has gone a bit haywire but I'm hoping to have it done and maybe even squeeze in another knitted present before then
    warm as toast said...
    I have two knitblogs set up- one LJ and one Vox but home net prevents me from blogging on either! I should write posts on word though- I don't have many results to show off but I have much yarn to spin!
    Mariamazmi said...
    didn't you bring that up this weekend? I can't remember if it was finished or not, but I do remember liking the look of it.

Post a Comment





Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.