What a morning! Got up slightly late (7.45am, usually leave the house at 10 past 8) and decided I would take my time and catch the later tram. The trams were delayed anyway, so I decided I was going to make some progress on my second Slip up Sock which I started yesterday. Got on the tram, carried on knitting. Got to East Croydon, looked up, then continued knitting. Took the finished first sock from my bag to admire it and compare with the second, then put it down only to realise the tram had started going BACKWARDS, so I was basically back on my way home again. Of course I got off in a big hurry, leaving the finished sock I know not where, only realising about fifteen minutes later when I was on a different tram.

Obviously there are many other things of far greater intrinsic value that I could have lost, for example my phone, PDA, stethoscope or purse. But it's still very very annoying to lose that damned sock! It was the first one I ever knit! And also its far too embarrassing to ring up Tramlink lost property and ask them if they've found a sock! I just about managed to send them an email, but I simply will not talk to a real live person about it, to have them laugh at my loss would be just too much.

So I was late to work, minus sock, and I've just found out that my lovely projected trip to Spain/Morocco in March is now off because I can't get annual leave at the same time as Mr C. Life is hard.

Edit: since then, I found out I failed the pharmacy exam for the THIRD time (!) and will have to resit it again...and by far the most enjoyable event of the day - I was taking blood from a patient using a butterfly needle and after much gentle persuasion and coaxing we managed to a) convince him to let us take blood ('what is this a punishment for? what did I do to deserve this?') and b) take the blood (it was really difficult). I pulled back on the syringe plunger and the stupid thing popped right out, so all the blood went all over me! All down my scarf and trousers...I was covered in it. It's amazing how much mess 5mls of blood can make. Spent the next half an hour washing it all out and am now sitting in damp clothes.

7 Comments:

  1. hackneyknittingclub said...
    Thought you might like to know that The Guardian are doing a one off craft guide this Saturday Feb 3rd, which includes advice and craft projects for dressmaking, soft furnishings, embroidery, knitting, felting, making and revamping furniture and accessories for the home, garden crafts, recycling and craft projects for children.

    Knitting features include knitting fever, best knitting on the web, how to knit basics, knitty gritty & tips for the needle novice.

    Well worth a look. Please pass it on!

    http://www.myspace.com/hackneyknittingclub
    hackneyknittingclub@hotmail.co.uk

    SHAMELESSLY PROMOTING THE FINE ART OF KNITTING
    Anonymous said...
    ooooh! poor baby! i feel you pain, for sure! losing knitting is very tragic indeed. and the blood thing can be a scary experience for sure! if it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine who was working as a nurse assistant once managed to get poo in her eye! poo! in her eye! ick!
    Atia said...
    lol! well that did make me laugh, although I dont think it can have been much fun for your friend. Health care assistants and nurses do an amazing job, I don't think I could do what they do every day.
    Anonymous said...
    Your stash has left me breathless. I'm deeply impressed and not a little scared by it!
    Atia said...
    oops - if it scares other knitters it must be really bad!
    Lindsey said...
    OMG, that's some stash! :-) If any of it wants to run away to a new home in Canada, my door is open to it. ;-) And nice progress on all your projects, too. That reminds me that I should spend more time knitting and less time at my computer!
    Mariamazmi said...
    ha! you said your stash didn't look like that much!

Post a Comment





Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.